- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visa
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Culture +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
Xianggong Hill was a hidden gem of Guilin until a picture shot there won the bronze medal in the 10th International Film Festival.
It is considered to be one of the best places to enjoy a bird's eye view of the Li River, and attracts more and more tourists every year, especially photography enthusiasts.
Touring on a Li River cruise is a way to get a close up touch with the river. Travelling along the river flanked with stunning karst hills, you will feel you are immersed in a traditional Chinese painting. Read more about the Li River cruise.
Xianggong Hill offers a different angle to see the beauty of the Li River. Standing at the top of the hill, you will be amazed at the breathtaking panoramic view of the Li River, possibly with seas of clouds surrounding pointy mountain peaks.
The sunlight and shadows, seas of clouds, sunrises, and sunsets are deeply loved by photographers.
If you wish to take photos, the best time is early morning. At sunrise, as a gentle breeze brushes away the veil of clouds on the mountains, the peaks and river are bathed in golden or pink light.
You'll need to get up as early as 5:30 AM to hike up to the top of the hill. The hiking takes about 15 minutes.
The best months for photography are from May to October.
Xianggong Hill is on the west shore of the Li River (between two highlights of the Li River, Nine Horse Fresco Hill and Yellow Cloth Shoal), near Xingping ancient fishing town, about 28 km from Yangshuo and 60 km from downtown Guilin.
There is no direct bus from Guilin or Yangshuo to Xianggong Hill. There are three ways to get there:
1. Rent a car from Guilin or Yangshuo to Xianggong Hill directly. This is the best option if you want to enjoy the sunrise.
2. Take a bus from Guilin or Yangshuo to Putao or Baisha, and from there rent a car to Xianggong Hill.
3. Take a bus from Yangshuo to Xingping, and rent a bamboo raft to the foot of the hill.
1. The fee for the site is 60 yuan per person. If your equipment is heavy you can get a village man to take it. 50 yuan is required for the
2. There are only simple hostels near the hill with simple facilities, like basically furnished clean rooms and hot water. A standard room is around 200 yuan (33 USD).
As Xianggong Hill is not accessible conveniently, we recommend you to take a private tour to go there, with a private car and a professional guide.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance with a tour of Xianggong Hill or Guilin.