- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visas
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Best of China
- Culture +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
If you need to take multiple trips to China every year, you can consider applying for a China 10-year visa.
A 10-year visa doesn’t allow you to stay in China for 10 years. It means that your visa is valid for 10 years.
It will allow multiple short stays of up to 3 months for tourist or business visits. The duration for each stay can vary from 30–120 days depending on your nationality and purpose of travel.
1. Save your time and reduce hassle. If you’ll be traveling back and forth to China because of work or family, a 10-year travel visa will keep you from needing the visa application process every single time you make a trip.
2. Save your money. The cost of a 10-year visa is the same as other short-term visas for US citizens. The $140+ fee will only have to be paid once and then you’re covered for 10 years.
As of February 2018, citizens of the following five countries are eligible for a 10-year visa:
These 10-year visas are only applicable for visas with the purpose of tourism (L), business (M), private visits (S2), or family reunions (Q2). Read more about the types of China visa.
The application process for this 10-year visa is similar to other short-term visas.
1. Download the visa application form and fill it in.
One thing to note: when you fill out your visa application, just tick the box that shows “10-Year Visa”. If no such option exists, find section 2.2 where it shows “Other” and write “10 years” in that space.
2. Submit your documents (listed below).
3. Pay the visa application fee and collect your visa.
Read more information about how to apply for a China visa.
The above documents are enough if you go to China for tourism purposes. If your purpose of travel is business, extra documents are required: a written invitation from a host in China with an official stamp and a company business letter.
You don’t need to submit the documents every time you visit China. The only time you need to provide these documents is when you’re first applying for the 10-year visa.
If your passport expires, you will need to carry it to show your 10-year visa, as well as your new passport when you travel to China.
Just as with the other China visas, the processing time for a 10-year visa is 2–4 working days.
If you obtain a 10-year visa, it becomes very convenient to visit China. You will have many chances to indulge in China’s beautiful scenery and rich culture.
Contact us, and we can tailor-make an endless variety of tours to suit your requirements and interests.
Here are our most popular China tours, for inspiration: