The newly built Zhangjiajie West Railway Station mainly serves high-speed trains to and from the city of Zhangjiajie. It is around 10 kilometers (6 miles) northwest from the city center and 20 kilometers (12 miles) from the Wulingyuan Scenic and Historic Interest Area. Zhangjiajie West Railway Station was put into service in December, 2019, at the same time with the opening of Changsha to Zhangjiajie high-speed railway.
- Chinese: 张家界西站
- Name on train tickets: 张家界西
- Location: 6 kilometers (3.7 miles) northwest from the city center, 20 kilometers (12 miles) northwest from Guiyang Longdongbao International Airport
- Address: Wulingshan Avenue, Shadi Township, Yongding District, Zhangjhiajie 张家界市永定区北部沙提乡武陵山大道西侧
- Bus: no. 4, 6, 7, 16, 17
- Station size: 7 platforms and 17 tracks
- 2F: entrance, ticket offices, waiting hall, taxi stand
- 1F: exit, station lobby, ticket office
Lines from Zhangjiajie West Station to Other Cities
See the popular train travel routes (departing from Zhangjiajie West Station) below to get some travel ideas for planning trips in China.
- Hours/price to Changsha Railway Station: 长沙 C-class about 3 hours, 16 dollars USD for a second class ticket
- Length: 336 km (208 mi)
- Design speed: 200 kph (120 mph)
- Main stops: Zhangjiajie West, Taoyuan, Changde, Hanshou, Yiyang, Ningxiang, Changsha
Zhangjiajie – Chengdu High-Speed Railway
- Hours/price to Chengdu Railway Station: 成都 K-class 9-10 hours, 30 dollars USD for a hard sleeper ticket
- Length: 1,200 km (744 mi)
- Design speed: 120 kph (74 mph)
- Main stops: Zhangjiajie West, Qianjiang, Chongqing North, Chengdu
Transportation to/from Zhangjiajie West Railway Station
Taking a taxi is the easiest and most efficient way to get around the city of Zhangjiajie. Passengers can get taxis in front of the station. You can easily find them by their bright colors (yellow, green or red) and a small LED screen on the top of the car.
Most taxi drivers cannot speak English. The bilingual sentences below may help you communicate with the driver.
- English: Please drive me to Zhangjiajie West Railway Station.
Bus from Zhangjiajie West Railway Station
Bus lines link Zhangjiajie West Railway Station with Zhangjiajie Railway Station, Zhangjiajie Bus Station, and Zhangjiajie Hehua Airport.
- Take bus line No.6, 15 stops to Zhangjiajie Railway Station, around 50 minutes.
- Take bus line No.17, 8 stops to Zhangjiajie Railway Station, around 1 hour.
To Zhangjiajie Hehua Airport
- Take bus line No. 4, 18 stops to Zhangjiajie Hehua Airport, around an hour and a half.
To Zhangjiajie Bus Station
- Take bus line No. 16, 6 stops to Zhangjiajie Bus Station, around 40 minutes.