Private, Tailor-made China Tours 2021/2022
Our China tours are typically private and tailor-made. There is no big bus, no group of strangers, and no fixed itinerary. Unlike other travel agencies who only sell fixed China tour itineraries, we create unique China experiences for you, tailored to your style of travel. We are a tour company based in China, offering you local experiences at local prices.
Most Popular China Tours for 2021/2022
These are our most popular three China tour itineraries, which visit all the classic sights. 80% of first-time travelers start tailoring their China tours from these itineraries. All of the itineraries below can be customized.
- Exclusive Great Wall Night Tour
- Make a Terracotta Warrior
- Discover hidden rural scenery
- Ascend the highest building in China
- Explore the Forbidden City with an expert
- Feed a lovely giant panda
- Make dumplings with a local family
- Relax on a Yangtze River cruise
- Wild Great Wall hiking
- The Grand Canyon Glass Bridge
- Cycle in beautiful countryside
- Bamboo rafting on a crystal-clear river
China Tour with More in 2021/2022
Discover real China with China Highlights exclusive experiences：
About China Highlights
Since 1959 we've guided everyone ranging from US presidents, Australian Geographic and retired backpackers. Our goal is to create unique trips that take you off-the-beaten path, helping you discover China in a more authentic way. Our motto: "Discovery Your Way!"
Camping on the Great Wall
Did a hike of the wild Great Wall, which was an amazing experience. Highly recommended if you want to get away from the crowds. Many thanks to my guide, Oliver, who was first class. Hiked, climbed, had a bbq and camped on the Jiankou section of the Great Wall. The views were serene. An unforgettable memory! more
China Tours 2021/2022 Planning Tips - Top Places to Visit
Below are the best 5 places to visit for your first, or second, tour to China. We can customize a unique tour for you to include any of these places or anywhere else in China you are interested in.
- #1 Beijing — China's capital city for over 700 years is a vibrant blend of historic and progressive grandeur.
- #2 Xi'an — Xi'an is to China as Rome is to Europe. Discover ancient Chinese civilization at the Terracotta Army and in the ancient city.
- #3 Shanghai — Shanghai is China's New York. It offers the best view of modern China. Its impressive skyline and bustling metropolis show you the forefront of China's development.
- #4 Guilin — Guilin's famous for its relaxing, picturesque countryside. Its limestone landscapes are the Chinese image of scenic beauty.
- #5 Chengdu — You should not miss Chengdu's pandas, especially if you are traveling with children.
To cover all of the above-mentioned destinations, you need about 12 days. For a short China tour of about 8 days, you may consider the first three: Beijing, Shanghai, and Xi'an.
You may be interested in more unusual China experiences or prefer destinations that are off the beaten path. Our travel consultants, who have explored the country thoroughly, know what to suggest and can help you tailor-make a tour based on your interests.
Best Time to Visit China
For comfortable weather conditions, the best times to visit China are spring (April–May) and autumn (September–October).
For a quiet experience, avoid China's public holidays: National Day holiday (October 1–7) and Chinese New Year Holiday (15 days before and after February 12 in 2021), and school summer holidays in July and August.
For the best prices: visit in the low season from November to December.
How many days for a classic tour?
For a classic tour, we recommend you spend at least 8 days at the most classic destinations — Beijing, Shanghai, and Xi'an. Our 8-day Golden Triangle itinerary fits this recommendation perfectly.
Here are recommendations of what to see in the top five China destinations:
There are no fixed itineraries for our tours. Our travel advisors can change the itinerary according to your schedule, interests, and budget.
Which city to enter/leave China from?
The most popular China gateway cities are Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong, with huge international airports and plentiful attractions.
Our tours can start from whichever gateway city you prefer.
How to get a China visa in 2021/2022
Foreign citizens normally need a visa to visit China. We recommend you apply for your China visa one to two months before your travel date. Applying for a visa with the help of a visa company may save you a lot of hassle. See more on China Visa Requirements.