Hangzhou Railway Station is one of Hangzhou's three main train stations (the other two are Hangzhou East Railway Station and Hangzhou South Railway Station). It also has bullet train lines that go to Nanjing and Shanghai. It allows you to travel to Hangzhou from all over China. Hangzhou Train Station is about 8 kilometers (5 miles) from the West Lake, 10 kilometers (6 miles) from the East Train Station and 31 kilometers (19 miles) from Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport.
- Chinese: 杭州站 Hángzhōu Zhàn /hung-joh jan/
- Name on train tickets: 杭州 Hangzhou
- Location: about 2 kilometers (1½ miles) east of West Lake.
- Address: 893 Jiangcheng Road, Shangcheng District
- Chinese address: 上城区江城路893号
- Station size: 9 platforms and 14 railway lines
Popular Trains to Other Cities
- To Beijing Station 北京站: 2 high-speed trains, about 14 hours, USD 73 (hard sleeper)
- To Shanghai Hongqiao Station 上海虹桥站 or Shanghai Station 上海火车站: 9 high-speed trains, about 72 minutes, USD 11 (second class seat). See Shanghai to Hangzhou bullet trains
- To Nanjing South Station 南京南站 or Nanjing Station 南京火车站, 5 high-speed trains, about 110 minutes, 18 USD (second class seat).
Train Schedules from Hangzhou Train Station
(Last updated on September 1, 2023)
|To||Popular Train(s)||Travel Time||Distance (KM)||Prospect Price|
|Shanghai Hongqiao Station||G7392 (09:39-10:59)
|178km||1st Class: $17
2nd Class: $11
|Shanghai Station||G7358 (06:10-07:37)||1h27m||171km||1st Class: $21
2nd Class: $13
|Shanghai South Station||C496 (13:01-14:51)||1h50m||174km||1st Class: $11
2nd Class: $7
|Beijing Station||D718 (17:25-07:07+1)||13h42m||1279km||Soft Sleeper: $92
Hard Sleeper: $73
|Xi'an Station||Z86 (16:43-09:07+1)||16h24m||1316km||Soft Sleeper: $73
Hard Sleeper: $47
|Guangzhou Station||K209 (18:30-14:15+1)||19h45m||1607km||Soft Sleeper: $74
Hard Sleeper: $43
|Nanjing South Station||G7398 (08:47-10:29)
|301km||1st Class: $29
2nd Class: $17
"+1" means the train arrives the next day.
Using the Station
Hangzhou Train Station consists of a 3-story terminal building connected to a 17-story building that has shops, restaurants, and a hotel. There is a square in front of it.
Suggested arrival time: Because of crowds, ticket-checking and waiting can take a long time, so we strongly suggest you be at the station as least 2 hours prior to your departure time.
- -1 (basement) floor: taxi pick-up, arrival hall, parking lots, exit
- First floor: platforms, soft seat waiting room, parking lot
- Second floor: waiting rooms, check points, nursing room, ticket offices, waiting room for military personnel, taxi drop-off, restaurants, stores
- Waiting rooms: There are 11 waiting rooms. All are on the second floor except the soft seat/sleeper waiting room that is on the first floor. Check the large LED screen and your tickets to find the right one.
Luggage portage: Luggage porters wearing red caps charge about 10 RMB/piece.
Transportation - to/from Hangzhou Station
This station is near the middle of the city and close to West Lake. It is also called Hangzhou Train Station 杭州火车站 (Hángzhōu Huǒchē Zhàn) and "City Station" 城站 (Chéng Zhàn) by locals.
It is suggested that you should take taxis only from the station's taxi waiting area since some illegal taxis wait around the station. More on Hangzhou taxis>>
The Hangzhou Subway
The bottom floor of Hangzhou Station holds subway line 1's Chengzhan (城站) station.
To Hangzhou East Railway Station
- Metro: Take subway line 1 direct to Hangzhou East Railway Station (8 stops, 25 minutes, 4 RMB).
- Taxi: It takes about 25 minutes and costs 34 yuan.
To the Xiaoshan International Airport
- Airport Shuttle Bus: Xiaoshan International Airport (杭州萧山机场) can be reached via the airport shuttle buses that wait near the center of the front square between 04:45 and 20:45, departing at 30 minutes intervals (about 70 minutes, 20 RMB). Taxis are quicker (40 minutes, 120 RMB).
- Metro: Take subway line 1 from Chengzhan station to West Lake Cultural Square station, and then change to line 19 to Xiaoshan airport. Totally 11 stops and costs 7 RMB.
To West Lake
West Lake is Hangzhou's most famous tourist area. It is about 2 kilometers away, and you can walk there in 30 minutes if you know the route.
- Taxi: The east shore takes about 10 minutes and costs 13 RMB; Bai Causeway takes longer (20 minutes, 27 RMB).
- Metro: Take Line 7 from Jiangcheng Road station and go 1 stop to Wushan Square station and leave the station through Exit C (10 minutes).
Transport to Wulin Square
Hangzhou's downtown is called Wulin Square.
- Metro: You can take Line 1 4 stops to Wulin Square Station (武林广场).
Booking By Yourself
There are two major passenger train stations in the city. Make sure your ticket is for the station you want to leave from. Check the name carefully.
You could book tickets in the station, at other train stations, or at many ticket windows in the city. Or access convenient booking online via our China train booking service. See How to Buy Tickets in China>>
Booking With Us
About 10,000 satisfied customers each year book tickets with our services.
- 24/7 service
- 3 easy steps: search trains, book tickets, pay
For Hangzhou Tour Planning Ideas...
Please see our tours and articles below:
- 2-Day Grand Canal and Hangzhou Tour
- See Hangzhou, Yiwu, Shanghai by bullet train for travel planning ideas.
- How to plan a trip to Wuzhen?
Our private drivers can make transport more convenient and comfortable, and they wait on you. This saves times. We can tailor-make a visit for you, and arrange your tour according to your interests and requirements.