Shenzhen Restaurants - 10 Recommendations for Tourists
The migration of large numbers of people from all over China means you’ll find cuisines from all over the country in Shenzhen. Additionally, there are other Asian restaurants and Western-style restaurants in the city.
Here is our selection of the best Chinese, Western, vegetarian, Muslim, Southeast Asian, and Indian restaurants.
The most common Chinese restaurants are the local Cantonese restaurants. Tourists especially like the dim sum and noodle dishes. You'll find restaurants from every region of China.
1. Jin Yue Xuan in Futian District - Cantonese Dim Sum
Of all the Cantonese foods, dim sum is the favorite for foreigners. The dim sum and good air-conditioning both make Jin Yue Xuan a popular venue with foreigners. Dim sum are served from 8am to 2pm, and elegant dinners including seafood dishes are served in the evenings.
Best dishes you should try: crystal dumplings, all kinds of seafood
- Chinese name: 金悦轩
- Average price per person: 113 yuan
- Open: 10am–3pm and 5pm–10:30pm
- Address: Floor 1–4, China House Mansion, 6013 Shennan Avenue, Futian District (福田区深南大道6013号中国有色大厦1-4楼)
- Tel: 0755-88868880
2. Haidilao Hot Pot
This is a popular hot pot restaurant chain that is liked by local people. You should try the tasty cuisine served there and enjoy the excellent service. There are eight branches in Shenzhen. Search for “Haidilao” on your smartphone’s map to find out where the nearest one is.
Best dishes you should try: tomato hot pot, spicy beef hot pot, mushroom hot pot
- Chinese name: 海底捞火锅
- Average price per person: 140 yuan
3. Shang Palace
Decorated in an elegant style, Shang Palace provides both traditional and creative local dishes. The Cantonese dim sum provided at lunchtime are recommended.
Best dishes you should try: mushroom and chicken soup, crispy skin pork
- Chinese name: 香宫
- Average price per person: 170–500 yuan
- Address: Shangri-La Hotel, Shenzhen, 1002 Jianshe Road, Luohu District (罗湖区建设路1002号香格里拉大酒店)
- Tel: 0755-83961383
- Subway: Take Metro Line 1 to Luohu Station and leave through Exit C.
See more recommended Chinese Restaurants in Shenzhen.
As one of China's richest cities with Westerners passing through by the tens of thousands daily, there are many good Western restaurants to choose from in many styles. Here is our recommended list for tourists/travelers.
4. Trattoria d'Angelo - Sea World
For fine dining and authentic Italian food, this rates very highly with a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor. There is an Italian chef and the restaurant has European management but the staff members are Chinese.
Best dishes you should try: lamb chop with vegetables, lasagna, seafood pizza
- Chinese name: 艾嘉璐意大利餐厅
- Average price per person: 230 yuan
- Address: G12 Taizi Plaza, Taizi Road, Shekou, Nanshan District (南山区蛇口太子路太子广场G12号)
- Tel: 0755-26825927
- Subway: Line 2 to Sea World Station.
5. Feast Signature Restaurant
This restaurant provides a great seaside view and an impressive buffet. Besides the usual Western types of food, such as bread, sausage, salad, and juice, the restaurant also provides characteristic local food for you to discover.
- Average price per person: 200 yuan
- Address: Sheraton Dameisha Resort, 9 Yankui Road, Dameisha, Yantian District (盐田区大梅沙盐葵路9号大梅沙京基喜来登度假酒店)
- Tel: 0755-88886688
See more recommended Western Restaurants in Shenzhen.
Southeast Asian, South Asian, and Muslim Restaurants
6. Yes Thai - COCO Park in Futian District
Yes Thai is in a mall area that is popular with foreigners and expats (购物公园 in Chinese). It is a large restaurant with tables both inside and outside. The restaurant mainly serves Thai dishes and specializes in curries that are popular with foreigners, such as crab curry, beef curry, and stir-fried shrimp curry.
Best dishes you should try: tom yam goong soup, beef curry, shrimp curry
- Chinese name: 鑫泰
- Average price per person: 150 yuan
- Address: 3/F, COCO Park, 269 Fuhua 3rd Road, Futian District (福田区福华三路269号COCOPark3楼)
- Tel: 0755-25313918
- Transportation: Take Line 1 to Shopping Park Station.
Shenzhen has numerous Muslim restaurants. Most of these serve cheap Lanzhou noodles made by hand and are not particularly noteworthy. There are some Southeast Asian and Indian restaurants too.
See more information about Muslim restaurants in Shenzhen.
In Shenzhen, you can not only find affordable restaurants but also luxury restaurants using the best ingredients and applying both historical and traditional cooking methods as well as providing a top-level service.
7. Longteng Seafood Hot Pot Restaurant
This is said to be the most expensive seafood restaurant in Shenzhen, offering rare seafood dishes and traditional local cuisines.
Best dishes you should try: oyster juice with chicken feet, rice soup
- Chinese name: 龙腾海鲜火锅
- Average price per person: 1,000 yuan
- Address: 1/F, Shenzhen Lido Hotel, 2007 Dongmen South Road, Luohu District (罗湖区东门南路2007号广发大厦丽都酒店1楼)
- Tel: 0755-82178362
- Transportation: Take bus 5, 14, 83, 97, 229, 336, 369, 381, B705, or M360 to Shenzhen Lido Hotel.
Located 430 meters above the city, guests can enjoy a bird’s-eye view of Shenzhen while tasting the dishes. There are no menus so you can simply telephone the restaurant to let the staff members know what you’d like to eat in advance, and they will try their best to prepare whatever you want.
Best dishes you should try: There is no menu so call the restaurant in advance to choose whatever you would like to eat.
- Chinese name: 品酒阁
- Average price per person: 980 yuan
- Address: 100/F, The St. Regis Shenzhen, 5016 Shennan Road East, Luohu District (罗湖区深南东路5016号深圳瑞吉酒店100层)
- Tel: 0755-83088888
- Subway: Take Metro Line 1 to Guangzhou Opera House Station.
Romantic Restaurants for Couples
Besides being a fast-developing metropolis, Shenzhen is also a place to seek some romance. Some themed restaurants there can be the top choices for couples.
9. Happy Train Restaurant
This is a nostalgic restaurant. Little model trains run on rails carrying dishes of food. You pick the food you want from the train and then cook it in a hot pot, which is an interesting and romantic experience.
Best dishes you should try: fatty beef, green orange juice
- Chinese name: 快乐火车餐厅
- Price: The food prices depend on the color of the dishes you select and your bill is calculated according to the number of dishes you have (it is generally 60 yuan per person).
- Address: 3/F, Dongmen Food Street, Yongxin Road, Luohu District (罗湖区永新街1号东门町3楼)
- Tel: 0755- 25857732
- Subway: Take Metro Line 1 or 3 to Laojie Station.
Shenzhen has many vegetarian restaurants.
10. Yunlaiju, Dongmen Branch
This restaurant is notable for tourists/travelers since it is in the Dongmen pedestrian shopping area. It is easy to reach via the metro.
Best dishes you should try: walnut bun, fried tofu bulb
- Chinese name: 云来居素食馆东门店, Yunlaiju Sushi Guan Dongmen Dian
- Average price per person: 57 yuan
- Open: 10am–10pm
- Address: Floor 4, Dongmen Ding Square, Dongmen Yongxin Street, Luohu District (罗湖区东门永新街东门町广场4楼), near Laojie Station, Exit A (地铁老街A出口)
- Tel: 0755-82383253, 0755-82383453
- Transportation: Take bus 10, 29, 104, 220, 223, 309, 311, or 336, or take Metro Line 1 or 3 to Laojie Station and leave via Exit A.
See our information about more popular vegetarian restaurants in Shenzhen.
Tour Shenzhen with Us
Since dining well is an important part of touring, it would be helpful to have a local guide who can give you some insider recommendations on where and what to eat. Our guides ensure that you order only the best Chinese cuisine or other styles specifically suited to your tastes. See our most popular tours:
- The Golden Triangle: This is the choice for most first-time travelers in China (8 days).
- 8-Day Grand Cuisine Tour of China: You can include Shenzhen in this tour as well.
We can modify these suggestions to tailor-make a Shenzhen tour for you.