Shenzhen Western Restaurants
We chose Western restaurants in areas in Shenzhen most tourists and travellers will go such as Futian, Sea World, and Window of the World areas. These recommended restaurants are popular with Westerners and include Italian, Greek, Australian, French, and Taiwanese-Western styles.
Trattoria D'Angelo in Sea World
For fine dining and fine authentic Italian food, this rates very high with a Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor in 2016. There is an Italian chef and European management, but the staff are Chinese. Ranked 24 of 3,913 Restaurants on TripAdvisor in 2016.
Sea World is a touristy restaurant and hotel area in a upper income expat enclave. Sea World ranks number 1 for Fun and Games in Shenzhen in TripAdvisor (2016), and there is a mix of popular Chinese, international, and chain restaurants. You can expect higher prices with a more Western and less stressful and disorientating feel.
- Chinese name: 艾嘉璐意大利餐厅（蛇口）
- Average price per person: 230 yuan
- Address: Taizi Plaza G12 Taizi Road, Shekou, Nanshan District (圳市南山区蛇口太子路太子广场G12号)
- Tel: 755 2682-5927
- Subway: Line 2 to Sea World Station (海上世界站).
Shark Restaurant for Mediterrenean Seafood — Sea World
People enjoy a broad range of Mediterranean (Italilan/Greek) dishes and pizza. The chef is Italian. The restaurant is in Sea World that is an area popular with a tourists and foreigners. Rated 8 of 3,915 Restaurants in Shenzhen on TripAdvisor in 2016.
There are two restaurants under the same ownership, a busier one in Futian and this one. The very high rating is split between.
- Chinese name: 鲨鱼餐吧 (海上世界店) Shark Restaurant.
- Average price: Much of the food is imported, so the cost increases accordingly.
- Open: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Address: West of Bar Street, Sea World Square, Shekou District, Shenzhen (南山区蛇口海上世界西侧蛇口区海上世界广场酒吧街旁)
- Tel: 755-26029569 Call ahead for reservations and quick service.
- Subway: Line 2 to Sea World Station (海上世界站).
Stone Grill — Futian (Near Border)
The "stone roasted" cuisine of this restaurant is special. Their specialty is fresh and juicy Australian steak cooking on hot plates that they set before you. Other choices for stone roasted food include shrimp, salmon, mushrooms and so on. Their set meals are suitable for one person or a couple and include salad, soup, drinks, and main dishes. Subdued light and candles make this restaurant a first-choice for many to have dinner and relax. Rated 719 of 3,915 Restaurants in Shenzhen.
- Chinese name: 石头烧高级西餐扒房
- Average price per person: 220 yuan
- Open: 10am - 11pm
- Address: Unit 1021 & 1022, Building L Southwest Gate, Yijing Center Tower, 3 Fuhua First Road, Futian District (福田区福华一路3号怡景中心城L楼西南门1021-1022铺) It is 2 kilometers from Huanggang Crosspoint 皇岗口岸 in Futian.
- Tel: 0755-82765289
- Buses: 398, b612, b686, b709 to Zhuoyue Times Square (卓越时代广场).
Wang Steak at Window of the World (华侨城店)
This restaurant is part of a large Taiwanese restaurant chain that has many steak restaurants in cities in China. This one is near the large Overseas Chinese Town with four large theme parks parks including Window of the World and Splendid China. Only set meals are served here, and the bread set before the main dishes is tasty. Their steak is famous, but don't expect exactly Western flavors or style. Rated 86 of 3,915 Restaurants in Shenzhen.
- Chinese name: 王品台塑牛排 (华侨城店) Wangpintai Steak Restaurant, Huaqiaocheng branch.
- Average price per person: 295 yuan
- Open: 11:30am - 2pm, 5:30pm - 9pm
- Address: Floor 3, Yitian Holiday Square, 9028 Shennan Avenue, Nanshan District (南山区深南大道9028号益田假日广场3楼)
- Tel: 0755-86298729/30 It is popular with Chinese, so call ahead for reservations and quick service.
- Subway: Subway Line 1 to Window of the World (世界之窗站).
Blue Italian Restaurant — Window of the World
Like Wang Steak, this one is also in the Window of the World area. The decor is in blue, and it is popular with foreigners. The price is much higher than other restaurants. The dishes in this restaurant are so exquisite that they look like works of art. There are various kinds of wines available. Ranked 84 of 3,914 Restaurants on TripAdvisor 2016.
- Chinese name: 蓝色意大利餐厅 Lanse Yidali Canting /lan-se yee-da-lee tsan-ting/
- Address: 9026 Shennan Avenue, Nanshan District (南山区深南大道9026号)
- Tel: 0755-2693 6888 transfer to 8022
- Average price per person: 440 yuan
- Transportation: Subway Line 1 to Window of the World (世界之窗站).
Take a Shenzhen Food Tour with China Highlights
Since dining well is an important part of touring, it would be helpful to have a local guide who can give you some insider recommendations on where and what to eat.
You can contact us for information about restaurants or food in Shenzhen or to tailor-make for you a Shenzhen tour.
- Half-Day Dim Sum Cooking Class Tour in Hong Kong — Visit Victoria Peak nearby and learn the essence of dim sum culture.
- 8-day Grand Cuisine Tour of China — You may add Shenzhen.