Shenzhen Muslim Restaurants — Top Recommendations for Travelers
Shenzhen is one of China's wealthiest and most cosmopolitan cities, and has many Muslim restaurants in Luohu and Futian districts, and also in the Seaworld area, where tourists and travellers often go.
Zhong Fa Yuan Muslim Restaurant (Chunfeng Road Branch) — Luohu
This restaurant ranks high among Muslims and others for the quality Uigher-style meals. It is conveniently near the Luohu border crossing (2.5 kilometers away). People love the Uigher food for the healthy simple meat dishes, breads, and vegetable dishes. Ranked 78 of 3,913 on TripAdvisor (2016)
- Chinese name: 中发源清真餐厅 (春风路店) Zhong Fa Yuan Muslim Canting
- Recommended dishes: Roasted lamb chops (烤羊排), mutton soup (羊汤), boiled mutton (手抓羊肉), yogurt (酸奶), and barley pancakes (青稞饼).
- Average price per person: 70 yuan
- Address: No. 2012 Chunfeng Road, Shenzhen (罗湖区春风路2012号)
- Tel: 0755-82229318
- Transportation: Take bus 14, 229, 336, 372, 381, 382, 387, or 395 and get off at Wenjing Middle School (文锦中学).
Zhong Fa Yuan Muslim Restaurant Xinzhou Branch (中发源清真餐厅新洲店) belongs to the same restaurant chain.
- Address: Floors 1-2, Xinzhou Hotel, 9005 Binhe Avenue, Futian District (near the Hubei Building) (福田区滨河大道9005号新洲酒店1-2楼(近湖北大厦))
- Tel: 0755-83304367, 0755- 83305102
- Transportation: Take bus 28, 34, 64, 229, 236, 337, 369, or 382, and get off at Futian Experimental School (福田实验学校
Muslim Hotel Islamic Restaurant — Luohu
For strictly halal Muslim food, this restaurant should be your first choice. Because of the delicious dishes, many local and visiting Muslims come here. It is in the Muslim Hotel in Luohu popular with devout Muslims. Rated 813 of 3,913 restaurants.
- Chinese name: 穆斯林宾馆清真餐厅 Muslim Hotel Islamic Restaurant
- Recommended dishes: Braised chicken with potato and green pepper (大盘鸡), boiled lamb (手抓羊肉), and spicy kebabs (烤羊肉串).
- Average price per person: 100 yuan
- Address: Floor 2, Muslim Hotel, 2013 Wen Jin Nan Road, Luohu District (罗湖区文锦南路2013号穆斯林宾馆2楼)
- Tel: 0755-82259664, 0755-82232479
- Transportation: Take bus 40, 69, 83, 97, 242, 372, 382, or 387, and get off at Wen Jin Nan Road Station (文锦南路).
Nadam Flavor Restaurant — Futian
The Nadam Flavor Restaurant mainly specializes in Mongolian style Muslim dishes. It is a special experience to have the delicious Muslim dishes in the open air in the evening while watching the Mongolian performances. It is rated 580 out of 3,913 restaurants.
- Chinese name: 那达慕蒙古风味酒楼 Na Da Mu Feng Wei Jiu Lou
- Recommended dishes: Cold Chinese cabbage in sauce (凉拌大白菜), mutton soup (羊杂汤), roasted lamb chops (烤羊排), spicy kebabs (烤羊肉串), and mutton pie (羊肉馅饼).
- Address: Floor 1, 18 Meilian Building, Sun Gang Xi Road, Futian District (near Hua Run Wan Jia) (福田区笋岗西路美莲大厦18栋1楼 (近华润万家))
- Average price per person: 60 yuan
- Tel: 0755-83233081
Muslim Noodle House — Sea World
This Hui Chinese restaurant is in the Sea World area. It isn't a ritzy place, and the dishes are inexpensive. The consistent quality, large portions, and good tastes have made it popular. It is also among the least expensive restaurants for a meal around Sea World. Ranks 220 of 3,912 Restaurants in Shenzhen.
- Recommended dishes: Beef fried noodles (牛肉炒拉面) and beef noodle soup (牛肉拉面).
- Average price per person: 17 yuan
- Address: 8 Taizi Road, Shekou, Shenzhen (圳市南山区蛇口太子路8号)
Read more about Sea World on Shenzhen Western Restaurants.
Take a Shenzhen Food Tour with China Highlights
Since dining well is an important part of touring, it would be helpful to have a local guide who can give you some insider recommendations on where and what to eat.
Please contact us if you need any information about Shenzhen food or would like us to tailor-make for you a Shenzhen tour.
- Half-Day Dim Sum Cooking Class Tour in Hong Kong — Visit the well-known Victoria Peak and learn a little of the essence of Cantonese food culture.
- 8-day Grand Cuisine Tour of China — You can include Shenzhen too.