Tourists in Hong Kong have limited time for traveling around and want places to eat close to the sights and main attractions. We think you'll like these the best for convenient location, tourist friendliness, scenery, memorable experiences, nearby attractions, and value for money. Here is our list of 10 recommended restaurants for tourists looking for convenient and delightful places to eat from the price ranges: low, medium and high budgets.
Most of these restaurants get top ratings on Michelin for taste, quality, and service. The food is quite authentic as well because these restaurants have chefs from the respective countries or owners who aim for authenticity. Their large clienteles of expats and tourists also ensure that the food stays authentic and doesn't taste like Chinese food.
Luxury Restaurants with Harbor Views
If you are looking for gourmet food of the best quality, Hong Kong's restaurants are great. The best local scenery is the view of the Harbour with its skyline, and these Michelin-starred restaurants provide it.
1. Tosca on the ICC 102nd floor
For sky high dining for tourists and travellers, Tosca is a good luxury choice for tourists for the amazing views from the top of the world's 12th tallest building, the ease of access, and the service.
High Victoria Harbor/Victoria Peak view: You can enjoy one of the best views in the whole city. Many tourists pay about 24 dollars to see the view from the Sky100 observation deck, but you could enjoy a meal there instead.
Easy Access: The ICC Tower is a travel hub and one of the most connected buildings in the world. The Kowloon Station below the building and the adjacent West Kowloon Station makes it easy to get there directly from the airport via the Airport Express, direct from more than 50 cities in China via the new bullet train, and direct from Central and other places via the MTR.
Nearby attractions: Elements Mall just below is one of Hong Kong's best luxury malls. The new West Kowloon Cultural District is just outside, and the Xiqu Centre that is about a 15 minute walk away. Xiqu Centre is famed for world-class Cantonese and Beijing Opera theater.
- Rated 21/10,367 restaurants in Hong Kong and Traveler's Choice Award on TripAdvisor in 2019. 1 Michelin Star in 2015 – 2019.
- Average price per person at dinner: 1,500 to 4,000 HKD
- Hours: Lunch: 12pm–2:30pm (Monday to Saturday) and 11:30–3:30 Sunday. Dinner: 6pm–10:30pm. It would be best to make reservations especially if you want a window view.
- Tel: 2263 2270
- Address: 102/F, The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, International Commerce Centre, 1 Austin Road West, Tsim Sha Tsui (尖沙咀柯士甸道西1號環球貿易廣場(ICC)香港麗思卡爾頓酒店102樓).
- MTR Transport Exit C1/ D1, Kowloon MTR Station/ Exit B5/ D1, Austin MTR Station. The Airport Express to Kowloon Station takes people from the airport to the ICC Tower in 22 minutes. The adjacent West Kowloon Station serves the bullet trains from all over China.
2. Caprice French Restaurant with a fine Harbor View
Caprice was rated 3 star by Michelin for several years, received 2 stars from 2015 to 2018, and is back to 3 stars in 2019. It stands out for an excellent view, elegant setting, and the best quality French food. There is a large selection of cheese and wine. Tourists appreciate the charming scenery of Victoria Harbor from the Four Seasons next to the IFC Mall.
- Rated 23/5,529 on TripAdvisor in 2019. 3-Michelin-Star in 2019.
- Average price per person: HKD 1,200 to 2,500 HKD
- Hours: 12pm–2:30pm (for lunch) and 6pm–10:30pm (for dinner, and closing time for last order)
- Tel: 3196 8860
- Address: Floor 6, Four Seasons Hotel, 8 Financial Street, Central (中环金融街8号四季酒店6楼)
- MTR Transport Central Station or Hong Kong Station. The Airport Express takes people to Central in about 25 minutes.
See other Panoramic High Altitude Views.
Middle Priced American and Australian Restaurants
Do you love simple hearty American food and Australian steaks? There are no Michelin-starred restaurants here of this kind, but these restaurants are tourists favorites for the quality, views, and convenient travel.
3. Bubba Gump American Seafood Restaurant on Victoria Peak
Fun tourist restaurant: It is for people who want to eat in something like an American bayou country restaurant and have some entertainment. The scenery, tourist satisfaction, and convenience makes it popular with tourists.
The spectacular views and the location are the highlights: The view is one of the best in the whole city. You can see Victoria Harbor down below if you book a window seat. The harbor is often called one of the most beautiful in the world, and it is one of the top three most popular places. It is particularly beautiful in the evening especially during the 8 pm light show.
- Rated 197/10,389 and Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor in 2019
- Chinese name: 阿甘虾餐厅 /ah-gan sshyah tsan-tingg
- Average price per person: HKD 300
- Hours: 11am–11pm (from Monday to Saturday); 11am–midnight (public holiday eve)
- Tel: 852-2849 2867
- Address: Unit 304-305, Floor 3, the Peak Tower, 128 Peak Road (山顶道128号凌霄阁3楼304-305号铺)
- Transport: The Peak Tram, Bus 15 from the Central piers.
The Best Places to Eat Seafood in Hong Kong>>
4. BLT Steak - Excellent Location and Scenic Harbor View
This traditional American style restaurant is is known for quality steaks and a lunch buffet at a medium price for Hong Kong. It is also especially appreciated for its position on the harbor in the Harbour City Mall.
Its convenient location almost can't be matched. It only about 100 meters from the Star Ferry to its pier-facing entrance. The Star Ferry is one of the top five most popular tourist attractions, and it is about 120 meters from the Avenue of Stars that is also one of the top 10 biggest attractions. It sits at the entrance of the Harbour City Mall, the biggest mall in the region.
Harbor views: Whether sitting next to the windows or out on their patio, you can see the ships and the 8 pm Symphony of Lights. But there are not many window tables. So it is best to reserve one.
Note: There is a second BLT Steak Branch on the 3rd Level of the Harbour City Mall. The view isn't as good and it is rated lower.
- Rated 437/10,389 on TripAdvisor in 2019
- Price per person: about 600 HKD for dinner. For the weekend brunch buffet, about 300 HKD. For the weekday lunch buffet selection, 138 HKD.
- Hours: dining from 11:00 to 11:00 pm (open later on weekends and public holidays). Weekend Brunch Buffet Saturday, Sunday & public holidays.
- Tel: 2730 3508
- Addresses: OTG62, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui 尖沙咀廣東道17號海港城海運大廈地下OTG62號舖
- Transport: Exit A1, C1, L5 Tsim Sha Tsui Station. A bus station is about 120 yards away in front of the Star Ferry. Bus 2, 6, 7 and many others stop there. From the Central piers, the Star Ferry ride takes about 8 minutes.
5. Dan Ryans - Excellent Location and a Harbor View
This is another American restaurant in Harbour City Mall. It's popularity has increased markedly in the last several years. Like BLT Steak, it is near the pier entrance of the mall, so it is very easy to get to from the Star Ferry pier. There are windows on the harbor side, but since the restaurant is so big, most tables don't get a good window view.
It is a Chicago-style sports and bar restaurant instead of fine dining. It is like an American truck stop restaurant with big portions served and a variety of dishes.
Value: Fast, large portions and convenient seating since lines aren't common, and many tables along with the convenient location makes this restaurant a value for tourists money and timewise.
- Rated 872/10,389 on TripAdvisor in 2019. It isn't in a prominent, easy to see spot in the mall, and if it were, the ratings would probably be higher.
- Price per person: about 250-600 HKD.
- Hours: 11:00 am to midnight Monday to Friday. Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 to midnight.
- Tel: 2735 6111
- Addresses: Dan Ryan's Chicago Grill, 315 Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui 尖沙咀廣東道17號海港城海運大廈3樓OT315號舖
- Transport: Exit A1, C1, L5 Tsim Sha Tsui Station. A bus station is about 120 yards away in front of the Star Ferry. Bus 2, 6, 7 and many others stop there. From the Central piers, the Star Ferry ride takes about 8 minutes. Take the escalator to the third floor at the mall's pier.
See more American Restaurants in Hong Kong>>
6. Wooloomooloo Steakhouse for Rooftop Sightseeing and Australian Steaks
This is a tourist favorite Australian style restaurant that also has a good 31st-floor harbor view. It is known for its casual rooftop dining and bar and views of the horse race track as well. It is very highly appreciated by patrons.
- Rated 109/10,389 and Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor in 2019. Australians and expats especially like this restaurant.
- Price per person: about 200-500 HKD.
- Hours: 11:45 to 11:30 every day.
- Tel: 2893 6960
- Addresses: 31/F & Rooftop, The Hennessy, 256 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai 灣仔軒尼詩道256號 The Hennessy 31樓及頂樓
- MTR Transport: Exit A4, Wan Chai MTR Station. It is five minute walk.
Low Priced But Not Low Quality Western Food
Except for fast food, prices for Western food in Hong Kong are higher than the rest of the world. For most of the restaurants, you can't expect much authenticity except in these restaurants that are especially chosen for their low prices and convenience for tourists.
7. Butchers Club Burger: Convenient and Delicious but Relatively Inexpensive
Butchers Club Wan Chai is Michelin Listed for Street Food in 2018 and 2019
Forget McDonald's and Burger King. If you want among the best, authentic and most delicious American-style hamburgers available in Hong Kong, and at a low price, this is it. They started receiving Michelin street food listing in 2016, and the Wan Chai branch is listed for Street Food in 2019. It is among the lowest priced Michelin-selected restaurants.
For a more American taste conveniently, tourists could go to their lesser-known Central branch near the IFC Mall or the Tsim Sha Tsui branch near the famous Chung King Mansions.
In the Michelin street food listing in 2016, the Michelin Guide director, Michael Ellis, said that their hamburgers were “some of the best” he's had, and he's been around the world at the best places.
The Michelin listing isn't a Michelin star though. They are listed in the Hong Kong "street food" guide for high quality inexpensive food. The branches have more of a take-out feel. The food is wrapped in paper.
- Rated: 1,332/10,392 on TripAdvisor in 2019 (Tsim Sha Tsui branch).
- Price per person: about 120 to 250 HKD. Burger, fries and pop cost about 170 HKD (21 USD). This is 4 times more than a McDonald's Big Mac Meal in HK.
- Hours: open for lunch to late dinner from about 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Tel: Wan Chai 2528 2083, Central 2347 0755, TST 2897 7522
- Addresses: G/F, Rialto Building, 2 Landale Street, Wan Chai, 82 Stanley Street, Central; Shop G34-35, G/F, K11, 18 Hanoi Road, TST; and (new) G/F, Westland Gardens, 12 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay (灣仔蘭杜街2號麗都大廈10號地舖; 中環士丹利街82號; 尖沙咀河內道18號K11購物藝術館地下G34-35舖; 鰂魚涌華蘭路12號惠安苑地下)
- MTR transport: For the Central branch, take the MTR to Central Station or Hong Kong Station. It is close to the Mid-Levels Escalator for ease of transport. You can take it to Stanley Street. For the Tsim Sha Tsui branch, you could exit via Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Exit N5 or D2 and get to it in a minute.
8. Beef and Liberty: American, Excellent, and Friendly
Friendly, delicious, and inexpensive: This restaurant comes out a close second to Butchers Club Burger on this list, but the location isn't as convenient. It is in the popular tourist town of Stanley on southern Hong Kong Island. But you might think that the hamburgers taste even better because they serve grass fed beef from Tasmania.
Bib Gourmand Michelin rating: In 2015, they were listed in the Bib Gourmand listing of about 67 restaurants for Hong Kong as an excellent place for a meal under 300 HKD. But they are not on their 2019 listing. TripAdvisor rates them as one of the best of the 10,000 in Hong Kong. Americans especially like it.
Regular southern American diner style: They also serve fresh salads and tasty deserts on regular plates. It is child friendlierbecause of the atmosphere and clientele.
- Rated 79/10,392 and Certificate of Excellence in 2019 on TripAdvisor
- Price per person: about 120 to 250 HKD.
- Hours: 11:30 am – 10:00 pm Monday to Thursday, 11:30 am – 10:30 pm Friday, and 9:00 am – 22:30 Saturday and Sunday.
- Tel: 2563 2798
- Addresses: G04, G/F, 23 Carmel Road Stanley Plaza, Stanley 佳美道23號赤柱廣場G/F, G04
- MTR transport: The restaurant is in out of the way town of Stanley on the southern side of Hong Kong Island. Going there is most convenient for those in that area such as in Repulse Bay or Ocean Park. You could take Bus 260 from Central (31 minutes) and Ocean Park (23 minutes). A taxi from Central takes about 16 minutes.
9. Pizza Express at Soho for Italian
Pizza and fun local kids like...
They serve a variety of pizzas and other Italian-style dishes and salads. It is a little pricey (about 500-HKD-and-up/per family, 65 USD), but the upside is that the food tastes better than usual.
It isn't fast food. They cater to middle range diners and serve wine etc. There is a special kid's menu featuring smaller portions. They also serve children's parties.
It is easy for tourists to go to because it is close to the IFC Mall and next to the famed Mid-levels Escalator that provides quick and free transport.
- Rated 714/10,392 on TripAdvisor in 2019.
- Price per person: about 120-300 HKD.
- Hours: 11:30 to 11:00 pm Sunday to Thursday and 11:30 to 11:30 pm Friday and Saturday.
- Tel: 2562 1088
- Address: G/F, 97 Wellington Street, Central 中環威靈頓街97號地舖
- Transport: Exit C, Hong Kong MTR Station. It is a six minute walk from there. From the IFC Mall, take the pedestrian overpass on the second floor past Heng Seng Bank to find the escalator (four minutes).
More about the Top 6 Children Friendly Restaurants in Hong Kong>>
10. IKEA for Swedish and Organic/Healthy Food at Low Prices
About the lowest prices of these all...
It is strange, but it is good. One of Hong Kong's highest rated restaurants in the region is the IKEA Restaurant and Café. It is a Swedish department store in Shatin, and it earned a reputation for quick service, good value, healthy food, and family friendliness. The diner is popular with local kids.
However, Shatin is not a place most tourists would go though the New Town Plaza Mall is popular. It is good choice for tourists in the Shatin area and for health conscious/budget conscious people.
- Rated 296/10,392 in 2019 on TripAdvisor. It gets rated highly for its food though it is in an out of the way place.
- Average price per person: 60 to 110 HKD
- Hours: every day, 9:30 am to 8:30 pm weekends.
- Tel: 3125 0888
- Address: L6, Home Square, 138 Sha Tin Rural Committee Road, Shatin (沙田鄉事會路138號新城市中央廣場3樓).
- Transport: MTR Shatin Station Exit B, next to New Town Plaza. It is a five minute walk.
Read about other restaurants of International Cuisine.
For more multicultural places to eat see Top Places to Experience Multicultural Hong Kong.
How Dining in Done in Hong Kong
Go at the right time and reserve seats.
In Hong Kong, breakfast time is from 6:30am to 10:30am, lunchtime is from 12:30pm to 2pm, and dinnertime is from 7pm to 9pm. Make a reservation if you plan to dine in popular restaurants. Otherwise, be prepared to queue up.
In smaller restaurants, sharing a table is a common practice, so if your party is small and a bigger group shows up, you may be asked to share your space or move to another table. But you won't find this to be so much of a problem in these Western restaurants except IKEA.
In some restaurants, it is common for waiters to automatically bring tea, condiments, and non-ordered snacks that will be charged to your bill. Please check with the waiter about such additional charges before being seated. Be firm about no additional charges or food up front.
Recommended Hong Kong Tours
Our tours are developed through years of experience and customer feedback and are reasonably priced, and they can be customized to your requirements:
- Half-Day Hong Kong Island Tour - including Victoria Peak with one-way Peak Tram and Aberdeen with sampan ride. Tell us the restaurant you want us to book, and we'll make the reservations for you.
- 3-Day Essence of Hong Kong Tour - flexible private tour with hotel and airport transfer.
- A Broad Taste of China - 13-Day Private Tour Beijing – Xi'an – Chengdu – Guilin – Hong Kong This grand foodie tour is especially designed to combine both the best sites with meals in excellent authentic restaurants.
More Chinese Food Tours.
Contact us if you wish to tailor-make a Hong Kong tour to include local restaurant experiences.