Guilin is an ideal destination for vacations where you will immerse yourself into the charming natural scenery. The right choice of accommodation is important to a trip. Here, we have listed the top three areas to stay in Guilin to help you find a satisfying hotel.
1. City Center Area - Best Choice for All Kinds of Tourists in Guilin City
Surrounded by the Two Rivers and Four Lakes scenic area, this is the most prosperous area in Guilin and it is the city's commercial and economic center. The landmark of the city center is Guilin Central Square.
It is convenient to get to most scenic spots from the city center as lots of attractions are located in this area, such as Seven Star Park, the Two Rivers and Four Lakes, Elephant Trunk Hill, East West Street, and Fubo Hill.
This area is suitable for almost all kinds of tourists, such as families, young people, and seniors. You can find various hotels in the area ranging from luxury hotels to economical ones. Whatever you want to find, whether you prefer a quiet environment or a hotel that has river views, the hotels in this area can meet your requirements.
- Shangri-La Hotel, Guilin (luxury 5-star): It is ideal for business and pleasure, with views of the beautiful Li River. The city center and Guilin International Conference and Exhibition Center are less than 10 minutes' drive away.
- Sheraton Guilin Hotel (5-star): It is located alongside the Li River and close to East West Street, Zhengyang Pedestrian Street, Xiangshan Park, and the twin pagoda-style towers.
- Jolie Vue Boutique Hotel Guilin (5-star): Alongside the Li River and Elephant Trunk Hill, it has a quiet environment and is best for families and seniors.
- Lijiang Waterfall Hotel (5-star): It is located in Guilin Central Square. The artificial waterfall cascading down from its rooftop is a big attraction.
- Guilin Park Hotel (4-star): Alongside Guihu Lake and surrounded by local famous restaurants, it is best for young people to experience the local cuisine and culture.
2. Yangshuo - Best for People Who Prefer Relaxation
Yangshuo County, which is located 65 kilometers south of Guilin, is a good destination to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. There, you can immerse yourself into nature and enjoy some leisure time. Ride a bike alongside the golden fields, learn tai chi and cooking tips from the villagers, try rock climbing, and more. If you are there in the right season, you can watch local farmers plowing the fields and even try this activity for yourself.
There are three major areas to choose from when staying in Yangshuo, including West Street at the center of Yangshuo, the Yulong River, which is further away from the center, and the nearby villages.
- Alila Yangshuo (luxury 5-star): It was refurbished from a real sugar mill. There is a mill museum inside it and you can take part in some DIY activities. It is best for families with kids.
- Banyan Tree Yangshuo (luxury 5-star): It is half an hour's drive from West Street and is a great location to appreciate the surrounding karst mountains and the emerald Li River.
- Yangshuo Ancient Garden Boutique Hotel (5-star): Located in the Yulong River Scenic Area, the hotel has a great design - it was built with stones and earthen bricks, and decorated in a Chinese style.
- Yangshuo Mountain Retreat (3-star): Facing the Yulong River, it provides beautiful river views. It is convenient for you to do some leisurely outdoor activities, such as cycling, bamboo rafting, and hiking up Moon Hill.
- Yangshuo River Lodge Hotel (3-star): It is best for young travelers as the surrounding area is suitable for cycling and hiking.
Read about Where to Stay in Yangshuo: 4 Outstanding Hotels for reference.
3. Longsheng - Best for People Who Prefer Terraces
If you have a soft spot for the Longji Rice Terraces and want to capture the wonderful views on camera, then you can stay in Longsheng. It takes about 1 hour to get to Longsheng from Guilin. The accommodation in Longsheng is not as good as in Guilin and Yangshuo so we recommend choosing a star-rated hotel.
Hotels in Longsheng are concentrated in three main areas: Ping'an Zhuang Village, the Jinkeng Red Yao Village, and the Longji Ancient Zhuang Village.
The Ping'an terraced fields were developed earlier, so the hotels in this area have higher standards of service and product quality. Most foreign tourists choose to stay in this area.
- Baike Hotel (4-star, in Ping'an Zhuang Village)
- Panorama House Hotel (3-star, by the Jinkeng Red Yao Terraced Fields)
Enjoy a Relaxing Guilin Tour with Us
Reviews and rankings on TripAdvisor won't necessarily help you choose the best hotel because people with high expectations give hotels very low scores when they don't meet their expectations.
Our travel adviser will help you choose the best hotel according to your requirements. You can also expect a tailor-made schedule with a flexible travel pace and interesting experiences from our private tours.
See our recommended Guilin tours:
- 6-Day Guilin, Yangshuo, and Longsheng Tour - this allows you to enjoy the peaceful scenery, countryside, and traditional ethnic cultures at a relaxing pace.
- More Guilin Spotlight Experiences
Use our Create My Trip service to customize your unique Guilin tour.
What's a Tour With us Like?
A family of four that moved from US to China just released a video about their time in Guilin with us in October, 2021. Contact us to send a free inquiry.