Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Tour
As the biggest island of Hong Kong, Lantau Island is full of fun: beautiful beaches, fishing villages, stunning mountain ranges, Giant Buddha, and elegant temples. Come and explore the best of it during our one-day tour.
- Tour Name: One-Day Seat-in-Coach Tour to Lantau Island and Giant Buddha (no shopping tour)
- Tour Code: HKSIC-6
- Tour Duration: 6 hours
- Highlights: Ngong Ping 360 cable car (round-trip), Po Lin Monastery, Buddha Museum, Tai O Fishing Village, stilt houses (a boat trip ride), Ngong Ping Village, vegetarian lunch
- Departure Time: approx. 8:50am to 9:40am (times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions)
- Entrance to scenic spots listed in the itinerary
- Transport between attractions by air-conditioned coach (24 seats/45 seats), including collection and return to the appointed hotel
- English-speaking local guide
- Vegetarian lunch
- Round-trip Ngong Ping 360 cable car
- Sampan ride in Tai O Fishing Village
- Personal expenses
- Optional gratuities
Price Per Person in US Dollars
|Adults and children (2+ years old)||$159|
|Babies and toddlers (under 2 years of age)||$0|
The tour coach will pick you up at the designated hotels. Please go to one of the hotels by yourself if you are not already staying at one of them. One day before departure, you will get a fax with detailed information about the collection time and place (and directions if there is no free collection from your hotel), the itinerary, sightseeing information, and emergency number of the tour operator in your hotel in Hong Kong.
Enjoy the good views as you are driven along Tsing Ma Bridge heading to Lantau Island. Visit one of Hong Kong's most fascinating sites and its principal center of Buddhism — Po Lin Monastery. Giant Buddha, which is the world's largest seated outdoor bronze Buddha, is situated on the mountain peak. A round-trip Ngong Ping 360 cable car ride is included for you to have a nice view of the Buddha.
After a vegetarian lunch at the monastery, stop at the quaint and picturesque village of Tai O, and enjoy a sampan ride around the stilt houses. Drop by Ngong Ping Village, a culture-themed village with lively tour experiences.
After the tour, you will be returned back to the hotel where you were collected from.
1. About the Booking
Confirmation will be received within one working day, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within two working days, subject to availability.
2. Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car
This tour is subject to the weather conditions and the operation of the cable car.
If the cable car is stopped before the tour starts, the tour will be cancelled.
If the cable car is stopped during the tour, other public transportation will be used.
3. Special Notes for a Seat-in-a-Coach Tour
1) A seat-in-coach tour minimizes costs because expenses are shared among a larger group.
2) Seat-in-coach tours are operated by local business partners of China Highlights around China. China Highlights chooses business partners by strict quality standards. The service of a seat-in-coach tour may not always be as considerate as that of a private tour.
3) Visiting one or two shops or markets is always included in a seat-in-coach tour, but there is no pressure to buy if you are not interested.
4) A seat-in-coach tour usually consists of more than five people. You will have a local guide and use a 24-or-45-seat air-conditioned coach. We will pick you up at some appointed hotels at an appointed time. In contrast, a private tour provides a private car and guide, and we will pick you up at your hotel.
4. Cancellation Policy
If we are not able to implement the contract due to war, flood, typhoon, fire, strikes, storm, earthquake, or any other condition we are not able to foresee and avoid, we will inform you at the first possible opportunity and offer the best possible solutions, and the final bill shall be settled based on the service we actually provide.
Up to 7 days before departure: 100% refund of all monies paid, excluding penalties charged by hotels, railways, airlines, and PayPal, if applicable. All penalties will be itemized.
From 3 to 7 days before departure: 90% refund, excluding penalties charged by hotels, railways, airlines, and PayPal, if applicable. All penalties will be itemized.
Within 3 days before departure: no refund.
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for cancelled services due to non-participation, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.