Recent years of the Rabbit include 2023, 2011, 1999, 1987, 1975, 1963, 1951, 1939, 1927...The next Rabbit year is from January 22nd, 2023, to February 9th, 2024. A Rabbit year occurs every 12 years.
The Rabbit is the fourth animal sign in the Chinese zodiac cycle. The twelve zodiac animals are, in order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig.
The symbolic cultural meanings of the rabbit are closely related to its living habits, including vigilance, wittiness, cautiousness, deftness, self-protection, and the moon.
- Chinese: 兔年 (tù nián ‘Rabbit year’)
- Earthly Branch: 卯 (mǎo 4th of 12)
- Representing hours: 5am - 7am
- Yin/yang: yin
- When is the Year of the Rabbit?
- Year of the Rabbit Personality
- Lucky Things for the Rabbit
- Rabbits' Love Compatibility
- Year of the Rabbit 2021 Predictions
- Year of the Rabbit 2022 Predictions
When is the Year of the Rabbit?
If you were born in 2011, 1999, 1987, 1975, 1963, 1951, 1939, 1927... your Chinese zodiac sign is usually Rabbit.
However, a new Chinese zodiac year starts in January or February according to the Chinese lunar calendar. Therefore, if you were born in January or February in one of the above years, you might be a Rabbit, or possibly a Tiger.
You can check the table below or use our free Chinese zodiac sign calculator to be sure.
In Chinese element theory, each zodiac sign is associated with one of the five elements: Gold (Metal), Wood, Water, Fire, and Earth. Each Rabbit-element year corresponds with an element and comes once in a 60-year cycle. For example, 2011 was a year of the Gold Rabbit. The next Gold Rabbit year is 2071.
Year of the Rabbit Dates
|2023||January 22, 2023 – February 9, 2024||Water|
|2011||February 3, 2011 – January 22, 2012||Gold|
|1999||February 16, 1999 – February 4, 2000||Earth|
|1987||January 29, 1987 – February 16, 1988||Fire|
|1975||February 11, 1975 – January 30, 1976||Wood|
|1963||January 25, 1963 – February 12, 1964||Water|
|1951||February 6, 1951 – January 26, 1952||Gold|
|1939||February 19, 1939 – February 7, 1940||Earth|
Chinese Zodiac Sign Calculator
Year of the Rabbit Personality: Quiet, Elegant...
Rabbits tend to be gentle, quiet, elegant, and alert as well as quick, skillful, kind, patient, and very responsible. However, they might be superficial, stubborn, melancholy, and overly-discreet.
Males who belong to the Rabbit zodiac sign always treat people politely, with a gentle smile that makes people feel that they are credible and sincere.
when encountering tough difficulties, they are never discouraged but instead remain persistent in their endeavors to find solutions. This means they eventually achieve enviable success.
Females belonging to the Rabbit zodiac sign, apart from having a pretty and demure appearance, have a pure heart.
Rabbits are faithful to those around them but are reluctant to reveal their minds to others, and have a tendency to escape reality. They are too cautious and conservative, which means they miss good opportunities.
It is theorized that a person's characteristics are decided by their birth year's zodiac animal sign and element. This means there are five types of Rabbit, each with different characteristics.
|Wood Rabbit||Clever, quick-witted, selfish, lively in appearance, but shrewd at heart|
|Fire Rabbit||Broad-minded, smart, and flexible, with unique views|
|Earth Rabbit||Frank, straightforward, ambitious, hard-working, but slightly reserved|
|Gold Rabbit||Kind-hearted, conservative,lively and enthusiastic|
|Water Rabbit||Gentle, amicable, able to adjust readily to different conditions, but with a weak mindset and principles|
Lucky Things for People Born in a Year of the Rabbit
Lucky things for the Rabbit:
- Lucky numbers: 3, 4, 6, and numbers containing them (like 34 and 46)
- Lucky days: the 26th, 27th, and 29th of every Chinese lunar month
- Lucky colors: red, pink, purple, blue
- Lucky flowers: plantain lily, jasmine
- Lucky directions: east, south and northwest
- Lucky months: the 1st, 4th, 8th, and 11th Chinese lunar months
Unlucky things for the Rabbit:
- Unlucky colors: dark brown, dark yellow, white
- Unlucky numbers: 1, 7, and 8
- Unlucky directions: north, west, and southwest
- Unlucky months: the 2nd, 6th, 9th and 12th Chinese lunar months
Welcome to join our Facebook group of China Everything. We will answer all your questions directly and keep sharing all the interesting things about Chinese culture.
Chinese Zodiac Rabbits' Love Compatibility
Chinese zodiac compatibility is based on the characteristics of the animal signs, and only those who match well can be good partners.
The most compatible zodiac signs for Rabbits: Dog, Pig, and Goat.
- The Dog is the best zodiac sign for the Rabbit. Both the Rabbit and the Dog love life, love family, and are good at socializing. They have many things in common. They don’t rely on each other, but care a lot about each other’ feelings. A happy married life is predicted.
- Easily satisfied, the Rabbit and the Pig are usually happy with each other. They are not picky about life and would feel fulfilled in their marriage.
- Both the Rabbit and the Goat are gentle. They are good at resolving disputes. Their marriage is predicted to be happy without much conflict.
The least compatible zodiac signs for Rabbits: Rooster, Rat, and Dragon.
- A couple made up of a Rabbit and a Rooster usually don’t have luck in making money.
- The Rabbit is usually not happy with the Rat’s irresponsibility and Rats complains about Rabbits’ being too concerned with details. Arguments are common in their marriage.
- After getting married with an overpowering Dragon, Rabbits usually feel depressed with resulting family problems and their relationship with the Dragon’s parents.
Year of the Rabbit 2021 Predictions
In 2021, those belonging to the Chinese zodiac sign of the Rabbit will have an overall stable time, and as long as they maintain the enthusiasm they had in the past, there will be no small gains.
The zodiac Rabbit is innately more diligent than other signs, and interpersonal relationships are usually very good. This year is again expected to be blessed with rich and powerful people’s help, so prospects of promotion and salary increase are still very promising.
Year of the Rabbit 2022 Predictions
Compared with 2021, 2022 (a year of the Tiger) will be a better year for the Rabbit. The Rabbit will still encounter some troubles, but these problems are not serious and will be resolved quickly. Mostly a smooth life is expected.
2022 is a good year for a Rabbit to get married, buy a house, or give birth to a baby. Making some changes to life will bring luck to the family and the business.
Female Rabbits will have good luck in love including in finding a boyfriend.
Top Careers for the Rabbit
Intellectual, scholarly, and learned, Rabbits can enjoy a good career as well as wealth.
With a pair of dexterous hands, Rabbits have a gift for calligraphy and painting as well as tailoring and cooking.
Good Health for the Rabbit
Overall, Rabbits have average health. In winter to late spring, when in relatively poor health, they should do more sports to prevent colds and other infectious diseases, and have a healthy daily diet. Rabbits are advised to do some indoor exercise to cope with stress and tension.
In dry seasons, they should drink more water, and moisturize to prevent skin problems.
Are Rabbit Years Unlucky Years for the Rabbit?
According to Chinese culture, in the year of their birth sign (本命年 běnmìngnián /bnn-ming-nyen/ 'origin (of) life year') people offend Tai Sui (/tie-sway/), the god of age in Chinese mythology, and hence have bad luck.
Therefore, it is believed, Rabbits should be more careful about all aspects of their lives in Rabbit years. The next Rabbit year is 2023. It starts on Chinese New Year (January 22). Read more on How to Be Lucky in Your Ben Ming Nian.
How to Build Relationships with the Rabbit
Basically, you don't have to try hard but just help them with their weaknesses.
Strengths: Rabbits have good social relationships. They are popular with others as they are gentle and considerate. With a good sense of humor, they can turn a dispute into a good discussion and make enemies into friends.
Famous Rabbit Year People
|Famous Rabbit||Birth Date||Element|
|Albert Einstein||March 14, 1879||Earth Rabbit|
|Michael Jordan||February 17, 1963||Water Rabbit|
|David Beckham||May 2, 1975||Wood Rabbit|
|Lionel Messi||June 24, 1987||Fire Rabbit|