Taiwan is located on the continental shelf off the southeast coast of Chinese mainland, with a total area of about 36,000 square kilometers. This includes 64 islands, of which Taiwan Island covers an area of 35,882.6258 square kilometers, making it the largest island in China.
Taiwan is one of the Four Little Dragons in Asia (or particularly successful smaller economies), with a population of about 25,600,000. It takes about 3 hours to fly from Taiwan to Beijing.
Taiwan Area Map
Keelung, Taipei, Tainan, Taichung, and Kaohsiung are Taiwan's major cities. Among them, Taipei is Taiwan's core city. The largest companies, banks, and stores are all located there.
Taipei Subway Map
The total length of the Taipei Metro route is 134.6 kilometers, of which 129.2 kilometers is in operation. There are 107 operating stations (the official count is 116 stations) and five routes in operation:
- Line 1: Wenhu Line (brown line)
- Line 2: Freshwater Xinyi Line (red line, including the new Beitou Branch Line)
- Line 3: Songshan Xindian Line (green line, including the Xiaobitan Branch Line)
- Line 4: Zhonghe Xinlu Line (orange line)
- Line 5: Bannan Line (blue line)