Weather: In April, the weather is generally warm and sometimes very warm. The average daily high temperature is 22 °C (72 °F), and the average low temperature is 13 °C (55 °F). It rains more in April than in the winter months (44 mm), and it is humid. There is some rain about 13 days of the month.
Clothing: A shirt and a light coat are enough for the beginning of the month. At the end of the month, the temperature rises, and generally summer clothing is enough for sudden high temperatures. The breeze makes the days rather comfortable.
Things to Do in April
April is the best month to see flowers and gardens.
In April, the weather turns fair, and its a good time to see outdoor attractions and go to the street markets.
The Tianpeng Peony Festival begins in April, letting you enjoy China's national flower on a large scale, and many folk activities.
Jinli Old Street: This shopping street is only about 350 meters long, but you can find Chinese theater, folk artists, people making and selling their art and crafts, snacks, folk music, and celebrations of traditional festivals. There are tea shops and souvenir stores. It is popular with foreign tourists;
Dufu's Thatched Cottage: Dufu was a famous poet from the times of the Tang Dynasty (618–907). It is thought he settled down in this location before he died, and the area is now a park and temple. His simple, poignant poems are beloved by Chinese, and it is a very popular heritage site.
There is a large garden park of about 15 hectares (37 acres). Its a place to enjoy natural beauty and relax and contemplate. But if that isn't what you'd want to do, there are many other attractions that would be better.
April is in the peak travel season.
Chengdu is already at its busiest with respect to travelers during April, and tourist attractions are crowded. Discounts on hotel rooms and flights are difficult to find. Train tickets may be difficult to get, are a hassle if you're standing in long lines, and are more expensive than usual. There is an easier way. Plan your trip in advance, and let us help you get discounted room rates and tickets.
Chengdu Climate Information by Month
- Chengdu Weather in January
- Chengdu Weather in February
- Chengdu Weather in March
- Chengdu Weather in April
- Chengdu Weather in May
- Chengdu Weather in June
- Chengdu Weather in July
- Chengdu Weather in August
- Chengdu Weather in September
- Chengdu Weather in October
- Chengdu Weather in November
- Chengdu Weather in December
Popular Chengdu Tours
- 1-Day Dujiangyan Panda Keeper Program Tour: This 1-day panda keeper experience will utilize your time to have close contact with pandas.
- 1-Day Chengdu Panda and Sichuan Cuisine Tour: This tour contains the most important features of Chengdu: pandas and Sichuan cuisine.
- 2-Day Giant Panda, Giant Buddha and Ancient Town Tour: This tour takes you to visit the most highly rated attractions in 2 days.