Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge - World’s Longest and Highest
Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge is the world's longest and highest glass-bottomed bridge spanning over two mountains in Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon.
It is a must-see attraction if you want to experience something exciting in China.
But do you know that it is not as easy as to visit the other attractions in Zhangjiajie due to its a little bit complicated ticket booking, and inconvenient transportation?
Want to have a hassle-free trip to the Glass Bridge in Zhangjiajie? Continue to read.
Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge Facts
- Length: 430 meters (1,410 feet)
- Width: 6 meters (20 feet)
- Height: 300 meters (984 feet)
- Highlights: Walk on transparent glasses and enjoy a panoramic view of the stunning Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon. There is a platform for making a 300 meters (984 ft) bungee-jump.
- Opening Hours: April - November: 7:30am-5:30pm, December - March: 8am to 4pm
Bungee Jumping at Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge
Bungee jumping at Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge opens to visitors on December 15, 2020. It is the highest bungee platform in the world, which has a drop of 300 meters (984 feet). The bungee platform (allowing 30 people maximum) is in the middle of the glass bridge.
The bungee jumping activity is operated by the company Bungy China. It’s brother company Bungy Japan owns six platforms in Japan. Bungy China’s parent company is one of the biggest bungy companies in the world.
AJ Hackett, the father of bungee jumping, commented that the bungee jump at Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge is the most exciting, the most beautiful, and the highest bungee jump in the world.
Come to Zhangjiajie to enjoy bungee jumping and the glass bridge: bag this record-breaking bungee while it’s still the highest! A bungee jump costs around CN¥3,000 (≈US$420). Send a free inquiry to us for more details about bungee ticket booking and visiting the Glass Bridge.
- 4-Day Essence of Zhangjiajie Tour
- 1-Day Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Tour
- 5-Day Zhangjiajie Hiking and Biking Tour for Any Level
Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge Tickets and How to Buy
There are three types of tickets:
|Ticket Type||Cost||Time Needed for a Visit|
|Ticket A for the Grand Canyon only||118 yuan||3 hours|
|Ticket B for the canyon and Glass Bridge||219 yuan||3–4 hours|
|Ticket C for the Glass Bridge only||138 yuan||40 minutes|
As a maximum of 600 people is allowed on the glass bridge at one time, visitors are allowed to enter in batches. The entering time is set when booking the ticket.
Ticket C is only used in the afternoon. If you want to visit the bridge in the morning, you need to buy the Ticket B even though you don't want to see the canyon.
You need to book a ticket in advance from the official website or through a travel agency, as no tickets are sold on the spot except for discounted tickets for kids, students, and senior people.
The official website only accepts bookings made with a Chinese identity card number. Being a foreign visitor, you’d better book through a travel agency.
Our best-value, customizable, 1-Day Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge Tour includes tickets and access to the glass bridge.
- 1-Day Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Tour
- 1-Day Glass Bridge & Baofeng Lake Tour
- 7-Day Changsha, Zhangjiajie, Fenghuang Ancient Town Private Tour
How to Tour Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge
1. Visitors can only take mobiles and small-sized bags on the bridge. There is a luggage storage area before the check-in entrance where you can leave your belongings for a fee.
2. If you plan to visit both the glass bridge and the canyon, we recommend you to visit the glass bridge first to avoid the detour.
3. The tour trail is one-way. The entrance is on the mountain and the exit is at the bottom. To retrieve your baggage, you have to return back to the entrance after your tour.
To save time and energy, you are recommended to go there with just your wallet, passport, smartphone (or snapshot camera), and a small handbag.
4. The glass bridge is very popular with visitors from home and abroad. It is crowded most of the time, especially during national holidays. We recommend you start your day early and try to arrive before large bus tour groups.
5. Check the weather in advance as the glass bridge is likely to close in severe weather.
6. Do not attempt it if you have heart problems, high blood pressure, or a fear of heights.
How to Get to Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge
Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge is 60km from the downtown of Zhangjiajie City.
Zhangjiajie is easily accessible by airplane or train from the main cities of China, such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Xi'an, Changsha, Shenzhen. Check the details on Zhangjiajie transportation.
From Downtown Zhangjiajie
Take a bus from Zhangjiajie City Bus Station (张家界市中心汽车站) to Wulingyuan (武陵源) Bus Station. The travel time is about an hour. Then take a bus directly to the canyon.
From Wulingyuan Scenic Area
Take the "Wulingyuan–Grand Canyon" line (武陵源–大峡谷) at Wulingyuan Bus Station. It takes about 40 minutes. Once in the Grand Canyon, follow the signs and people to reach the glass bridge.
Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge vs Tianmen Mountain Glass Skywalks
There are three glass skywalks in Tianmen Mountain Scenic Area, which is about 85 kilometers away from Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge.
Different from the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge hanging in the air, Tianmen Mountain Glass Skywalks are built along the edges of the mountains' summits, clinging to the vertical cliffs at a height of over 1,400 meters (4,600 feet).
Similar to the glass bridge, the glass skywalks will give you a thrilling feeling, like you are walking in the sky. If, unfortunately, you do not get a ticket for the glass bridge, you can try the glass skywalks.
- Zhangjiajie National Forest Park is China's first national forest park, featuring Zhangjiajie's classic rocky tower scenery.
- Zhangjiajie's Bailong Elevator: Do You Dare Ride It? It's the world's highest and fastest outdoor elevator!
- Tianmen Mountain is the highest peak in Zhangjiajie and is regarded as the soul of Zhangjiajie. It has been called “one of the most beautiful mountains in the world” by many travelers.
- Baofeng Lake is a freshwater lake in the Wulingyuan Scenic Area. It is enjoyable to take a relaxing boat ride on the crystal-clear lake.
When the glass-bottomed bridge opened, it became another of many highlights of Zhangjiajie. If you want to enjoy the stunning scenery and awesome attractions of Zhangjiajie, see our most popular tours below for inspiration or see more Zhangjiajie tours. Contact us to tailor a special Zhangjiajie tour for you.