Chinese name: 桂林站
Guilin Station is a mixed bullet train and regular train station in downtown Guilin. It is the main regular train station, but useful bullet trains stop there too. A small bus area in front has frequent buses to Yangshuo and Longsheng.
It is quite useful for tourists especially if you are coming/going westwards towards chengdu, Chongqing and Guiyang, eastwards to Guangzhou or southwards to Nanning/Vietnam.
- Chinese: 桂林站 Guìlín Zhàn /gway-lin jan/
- Name on train tickets: 桂林 Guilin
- Address: Zhongshan South Road (Zhongshan Nan Lu), Xiangshan District, Guilin 桂林市象山区中山南路
- Location: 1 km south of the city center, 9 km south of Guilin North Railway Station
- Station size: 6 platforms
Popular Trains to Other Cities
Bullet Trains West for Chengdu, Chongqing and Guiyang
- For Chengdu East Station there is one train from Guilin Station daily (about 6½ hours, 62 USD second class).
- For Chongqing West Station there is only one train from Guilin Station daily (about 5 hours, 42 USD second class).
- For Kunming Station there are two trains from Guilin Station daily (about 6 hours, 55 USD second class).
Bullet Trains for Yangshuo
Yangshuo trains DON'T go to the popular tourist town area. Yangshuo Station is a tiny station in the mountains, 6 km east of Xingping (which is renowned for the cream of Li River karst scenery). This means it's still quicker by bus from central Guilin to West Street. See more on Yangshuo Transport.
- For Yangshuo Station there are only one train leaving from Guilin Station daily (15:51, 38 minutes, 4 USD second class).
- There are another eight leaving Guilin North daily (09:25 to 17:25, 24 minutes, 4 USD second class). From Guilin West Station, there are nine more.
A Map of Guilin's Railway Stations and HSR Lines
Bullet Trains for Guangzhou/Shenzhen
From this station, two D train leaves for Guangzhou South daily (08:13, 13:50, 3 hours, 25 USD second class), but 58 faster trains go from Guilin North and Guilin West Stations.
Bullet Trains for Guiyang
The Gui-Guang HSR has opened up the fascinating minority areas of Guizhou with four stations in popular Miao and Dong minority areas.
- From this station, 3 trains leave for Guiyang North daily (3 hours, 24 USD, second class), but 47 leave from Guilin's other stations. See links above. For more see Guangzhou to Guiyang HSR.
Bullet Trains for Nanning
Guilin Station has many bullet trains to Nanning and Nanning East, and since it is near the city center, it is generally a more convenient option for southbound travel.
- From Guilin Station, about 21 trains leave for Nanning daily (2½ hours, 18 USD second class).
Regular (Slow) Trains
Regular train lines also spread out to the rest of China from this station. They take two or three times as long as bullet trains, but they are an option for economical, leisurely travel (overnight on bed bunks).
Using the Station
Guilin Station is a kilometer south of the city center on Zhongshan Road, the city's main thoroughfare. The main Guilin Long Distance Bus Station is only a 10 minutes walk away. So local and regional transport is convenient.
It is a two level building with a big front square.
- Level 1 has the main ticket hall with 14 ticket windows, waiting rooms, platforms, bathrooms and hot drinking water.
- Level 2: bullet train ticket office, waiting rooms, little shops, bathrooms and hot drinking water.
- Outside shops and eateries: Numerous shops and eateries close enough for quick snacks are around it and in the plaza in front.
- Small bus station: In the front plaza, a small bus station is at the northeast corner near Zhongshan Road. It has frequent (every 8 minutes, 15 to 20 RMB) buses to Yangshuo and buses to Longsheng.
To find your waiting section, you should check your ticket and follow the LED screen which tells you the exact place for waiting and ticket checking.
See How to Get On/Off a Train and 7 Things to Know Before Riding a Train
Transportation to/from Guilin Railway Station
Buses are available at the stop on the street.
- For Guilin Liangjiang International Airport (桂林两江国际机场): take bus 100 to Anxin Community Station (2 RMB) and then change to the Airport Shuttle bus to the destination. The bus goes daily from 06:00 to 21:30 every 30 minutes (40 minutes, 20 RMB).
- For Guilin North Railway Station (桂林北站): take bus 100 (2 RMB, about 50 minutes).
- For the Guilin Central Bus Station: Turn left (north) after getting out of the station, and walk 10 minutes. You will see the bus station on your left. Or take bus 2, 3, 10, 11, 99, or 100.
- To Seven Star Park: bus 11
- To Elephant Park, Fubo Hill, Folded Brocade Hill: bus 2 and tourist bus 1
Be sure you book the right tickets since like most Chinese cities, there are several train stations. You could book tickets at any train station, at city ticket windows, or online with the Chinese railway website. See How to Buy Tickets in China.
We can assist you with booking tickets - just 3 easy steps (search trains, book tickets, and quick pay), 10,000+ customers/year, 24/7 service, and express delivery.
China Highlights is based in Guilin. We can do the travel planning and make the transportation arrangements for you to discover Guilin. See our popular Guilin and Yangshuo 4-day tour for inspiration.
Our private drivers can make transport more convenient and comfortable, and they wait on you, saving your time. We can tailor-make a visit for you, and arrange your tour according to your interests and requirements.