Happy Valley is Beijing's biggest theme park. In Chaoyang District, SE Beijing, you can easily access the park via Happy Valley Scenic Area Station on Line 7 of the Beijing Subway.
Opened in 2006, Happy Valley occupies approximately 550,000 square meters. The park is sectioned into theme areas such as Wild Fjord, Lost Maya and others.
Attractions include rides, recreation facilities, performances, games and a charming mini train that loops the park. Whether you like roller coasters, drop towers, swings or carousels, there are rides for all ages. For theater fans, the romance and anguish of the Golden Mask Dynasty show at the OCT Theatre is sure to impress.
Please note that some rides, attractions, performances and exhibitions may be subject to change of content and/or start times.
Begin your day at Wild Fjord, with its stylish park gate, colorful sky walk, beautiful Happy Opera and thick forest. Wild Fjord is also the stopping point for public buses and private cars. From here you can buy a ticket for the mini train that loops the entire park. Hop on to appreciate the scenery and scope of Happy Valley.
Aegean Harbor features an abandoned town ravaged by volcano, a newly established harbor and cultural relics. With its Olympic Culture Square the area evokes images of sports and the spirit of athletic competition. You'll see temples in the classic Greek style along with towering columns and small town structures. The humorous performances will put a smile on your face. Ride the Ocean Star high into the sky if you dare.
Enjoy the dreamlike Shangri-La, an exotic Tibetan town and a quiet tea garden resting area. Have a blast riding Golden Wings in Snowfield, a thrilling ride. Looking down from up high, you can see the 'rolling cobra on the earth' and the 'round walkway.' The Twin-Tower Heroes is the only space shuttle ride with two towers in Asia. The chairs rocket skyward 56 meters in two minutes and drop with incredible speed.
Encounter the lost civilization of the Maya Empire through archaeology, education, agriculture and ecology. The Maya Catastrophe embodies the ancient flood scene. And if you're feeling brave, check out the Apollo Wheel. Its pendulum action swings riders to scream-provoking heights!
The Island of Atlas is at the core of Happy Valley. It presents a scene of the ancient civilization that was sunk beneath the waves by the gods. The giant steel frames, flying machines and transparent balls feature as main decor. The 70-meter-high artificial mountain is among the tallest of its kind in Asia and the park's signature piece of architecture.
Dessert Kingdom is based on the popular Chinese cartoon, Sheriff Biscuit. Characters from the series, including Princess Croissant, feature as mascots. Take a ride on Cake Swing and the curiously named Crazy High Tea.
Golden Mask Dynasty Show
The Golden Mask Dynasty show at OCT Theatre has played to an estimated audience of more than a million.
Comprised of eight chapters and more than 200 performers, the show is a fairy tale of war and romance told through dancing, music, acrobatics, costumes and incredible special effects - sorry, no spoilers here!
- Performance hours: Daily, 5:30–6:30pm and 7:30–8:30pm. From November to April there is only 1 show daily at 5:30pm.
- VIP seat 680 RMB
- A-class seat 480 RMB
- B-class seat 380 RMB
- C-class seat 280 RMB
- D-class seat 200 RMB
- Location: In the southeast of Happy Valley Park（欢乐谷公园东南）
Other Happy Valley Attractions
Located near the entrance to Happy Valley, OCT Theatre is one of the most stunning performance venues in Beijing. The theater seats more than 1,500 people and boasts a revolving stage. Besides producing the acclaimed Golden Mask Dynasty show, the OCT Theatre hosts various other performances, galas, international cultural-exchange activities and art exhibitions.
The ecological forest at Firth Forest is a wonderful example of bionic architecture. Bionic architecture seeks to mimic nature in its design. The scenery here is not only gorgeous to look at, but also shelters guests somewhat from the elements.
You'll find Happy Square roughly in the center of the Happy Time area, adjacent to Happy Stage. The square's proximity to the park's entrance makes for a convenient meeting place or resting spot.
- 6-Day Beijing Winter Tour with Skiing in a 2022 Olympic Winter Games Venue
- 1-Day Beijing Hutong Tour
- Beijing Traditional Food Tour
Visit Beijing Happy Valley with Us
We are family tour experts. The itineraries below are flexible and can be adjusted to your preference:
- Taxi: From the city center approx. 12 kilometers. Cost is around 50 RMB.
- Address: (Happy Valley Park) Houfengqiao South, East 4th Ring Road South, Chaoyang District 朝阳区东四环厚俸桥南（欢乐谷公园）
- Subway: Take Line 7 of the Beijing Subway and get off at Happy Valley Scenic Area Station, Exit B and C.
- Public buses: 29, 657, 713, 740, 743, 752, 753, 801, 822 and 840 arriving at Hong Yan Bridge, Zi Nan Home, Two Dragons Supermarket and finally the east station of Beijing Polytechnic University. From there it is a short walk to Happy Valley.
- Self-driving: Beijing Happy Valley is located southeast of the Square Bridge (Si Fang Bridge), at the junction of the G1 Expressway and the East 4th Ring Road South, in Chaoyang District. It is 10.2 kilometers from Tiananmen Square, 10 minutes from the Beijing CBD (Central Business District) and 5 minutes from the entrance of the Beijing-Tianjin-Tanggu Expressway.
- Chaoyang Park is a good place to take a relaxing break: it's a large park that is also in Chaoyang District.
- Chaoyang Acrobatics Theater is popular with families: its shows in the early evening feature choreographed stunts, kung fu, and contortions.
- Gaobeidian Village: Once a separate community from Beijing, Gaobeidian Village has a history of more than 1,000 years. Built around the ancient Beijing-Hangzhou Canal, the village specializes in Chinese-style furniture. Explore the local shops, narrow lanes, tea houses and restaurants.