- Biggest park in Beijing
- About 2 kilometers by 1.3 kilometers (1.2 miles by .8 miles)
- Favorite of foreigners
- Playground and amusement features for kids
- Established in 1984
The biggest park in Beijing is Chaoyang Park (朝阳公园; Cháoyáng Gōngyuán). It is also one of the newest of the city's public parks. Chaoyang Park is a favorite park for expats. Chaoyang District is the favorite district for expats, and it is close to the center of the city and big universities. The parks features including lots of running paths, pools, playgrounds, and amusement rides for kids help to make it an expat and tourist favorite. Kids will especially like the park's playgrounds and amusement and recreational facilities.
It is important to have a kid's playground and amusement site close to where kids live. Chaoyang Park on Nongzhan South Road is close to big international schools and residences in west-central Beijing, so you'll see more foreign kids there than at other parks in Beijing. "Chaoyang" means "sun facing," and it is a place for you and your kids to get some sun on a sunny day.
- Little kids boat rentals
- Four big ponds
- Amusement park rides such as a roller coaster
- Bungee jump tower
- Two large swimming pools with slides, etc.
- Sandy "beach" area for play, games, volleyball, and sun tanning
- Running and exercise paths
- The Ecological Valley: This part in in the north as you'll see grassy space for jogging and play.
- Binshui Island: Has ducks kids like to see.
- Bathing Beach: This sandy stretch next to a swimming built was built for the Olympic beach volleyball competitions. You might see hundreds of people here on warm sunny day. You can play volleyball here and swim in the swimming pool.
- Kids playground: There are swings, rides and a roller coaster nearby.
- Address: 1 Nongzhan Nan Lu, Chaoyang District 朝阳公园, 朝阳区农展馆南路1号
- Hours: 6 am to 9 pm (8 pm in the winter)
- Fee: 5 RMB adults (80 US cents) and 2.5 RMB for kids
- Subway: Subway Line 10 and get off at Tuanjiehu Station (Exit C). Then walk 20 minutes (a mile) to the south gate. Or take a bus outside Exit C to the park (two stops).
- Chaoyang Park Bus Routes
- South Gate: Take 302, 117, 419, or 31, and get off at Tian Shui Yuan Jie Bei Kou or Chao Yang Gong Yuan Qiao Xi.
- West Gate: Take 419, 852, or 985 to Chao Yang Gong Yuan Xi Men.
- East Gate: Take 991, 740, or 988 to Tian Shui Yuan Jie Bei Kou or Chao Yang Gong Yuan Dong Men.
- North Gate: Take 909, 420, 402, or 757 to Chao Yang Gong Yuan Bei Men.