One Day Macau Tour from Hong Kong
Macau, the laid-back neighbor of Hong Kong, has a long colonial history and fascinating mix of cultures. The Historic Center of Macau with 25 historic sites was enrolled as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2005. Join our Macau tours to experience the charm of Macau.
- Tour Code: HKSIC-50
- Tour Duration:8 hours
- Highlights: Ruins of St. Paul's, Monte Fortress, section of the old walls, Na Tcha Temple, Leal Senado Square, souvenir shop, A-Ma Temple, casino
- Departure Time: approx. 8am to 9am (times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions)
The tour coach will pick you up at the designated hotels. Please go to one of the hotels by yourself if you are not already staying at one of them. One day before departure, you will get a fax with detailed information about the collection time and place (and directions if there is no free collection from your hotel), the itinerary, sightseeing information, and emergency number of the tour operator in your hotel in Hong Kong.
Around 8am: Your guide in Hong Kong will pick you up from a designated hotel.
Around 9am: Arrive at Hong Kong–Macau Ferry Terminal and depart for Macau by comfortable TurboJET. Your Hong Kong guide will give you your TurboJET tickets and see you off at the pier.
In the morning: After one hour you will arrive in Macau. You will be met by your Macau guide and led to the coach. Explore the Ruins of St. Paul's, Monte Fortress, including a section of the old city wall, and Senado Square. See the Border Gate and go shopping for local souvenirs at the sidewalk stalls.
Simple buffet lunch in a local restaurant: choose from a selection of main dishes, soup, vegetables, desserts, and drinks.
In the afternoon: Continue city sightseeing with a visit to the A-Ma Temple, from which Macau gets its name! Visit the famous casinos for a look around, if time permits.
Around 5pm: Your Macau guide will see you off at the Macau–Hong Kong Ferry Terminal and you will return to Hong Kong via the comfortable TurboJET. Your guide and driver in Hong Kong will meet you and drop you off at the designated hotel.
1. About the Booking
Confirmation will be received within one working day, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within two working days, subject to availability.
2. Age Limit for Casinos
People under 21 years old are prohibited to enter casinos in Macau.
3. About Holidays
Please note that during the Christmas and New Year period there may be delays at immigration and re-routing of traffic around the major tourist areas.
4. Special Notes for a Seat-in-a-Coach Tour
1) A seat-in-coach tour minimizes costs because expenses are shared among a larger group.
2) Seat-in-coach tours are operated by local business partners of China Highlights around China. China Highlights chooses business partners by strict quality standards. The service of a seat-in-coach tour may not always be as considerate as that of a private tour.
3) Visiting one or two shops or markets is always included in a seat-in-coach tour, but there is no pressure to buy if you are not interested. Usually it takes 30-40 minutes, depending on the preference of most of the group members.
4) A seat-in-coach tour usually consists of more than five people. You will have a local guide and use a 24-or-45-seat air-conditioned coach. We will pick you up at some appointed hotels at an appointed time. In contrast, a private tour provides a private car and guide, and we will pick you up at your hotel.
5. Cancellation Policy
If we are not able to implement the contract due to war, flood, typhoon, fire, strikes, storm, earthquake, or any other condition we are not able to foresee and avoid, we will inform you at the first possible opportunity and offer the best possible solutions.
No Refund will be made for all confirmed bookings except in the event of tour cancellation by the operator due to bad weather or any unforeseen circumstances.
No refund, discount or compensation will be made to participants who choose to leave the tour before the official end of the tour, regardless of whatever portions of the itinerary.
About China Highlights
Since 1998 we've guided everyone ranging from US presidents, Australian Geographic and retired backpackers. Our goal is to create unique trips that take you off-the-beaten path, helping you discover China in a more authentic way. Our motto: "Discovery Your Way!"
Staycations for expats in Beijing
We are expats living in Beijing, and due to the current epidemic prevention rules, we had to cancel our original plans for a long weekend at the last minute. We contacted China Highlights and they planned a great last-minute staycation for us near the Great Wall. more