Chengdu–Guilin rail route is a good connection between the pandas' hometown of Chengdu and the karst landscape in Guilin. There are 21 pairs of trains operating between Chengdu and Guilin every day. They are all high-speed trains and they depart every hour from 06:00 to 21:00.
You can choose to book a train journey whenever you want to depart, whether it’s in the morning, at noon, or in the evening. All the high-speed trains to Guilin depart from Chengdu East Railway Station.
- Distance: 1,117 kilometers (694 miles)
- Terminals: Chengdu East Railway Station, Guilin Railway Station, Guilin North Railway Station, Guilin West Railway Station
- Duration: 5–8 hours
- Main stops: Chengdu, Leshan, Guiyang, Guilin
Chengdu to Guilin High-Speed Train Schedules
(Updated on March 9, 2020)
|D1781||06:56||14:20||7 h 24 min|
|D1801||08:15||14:03||5 h 48 min|
|D1753||10:55||17:04||6 h 9 min|
|D1785||12:00||18:15||6 h 15 min|
|D1765||15:55||21:17||5 h 22 min|
Please note: The trains listed above are only some of the ones in operation. The timetable is just for your reference.
If you want up-to-date schedules, you can use the search tool at the top of this page or search via our China Highlights train ticket service.
Guilin to Chengdu High-Speed Train Schedules
(Updated on March 9, 2020)
|D1782||09:44||17:34||7 h 50 min|
|D1766||10:15||15:35||5 h 20 min|
|D1810||12:13||18:27||6 h 14 min|
|D1826||15:20||21:29||5 h 59 min|
|D1752||17:46||23:08||5 h 22 min|
Chengdu to Guilin High-Speed Train Ticket Fares
You can buy tickets for first class and second class on these trains but there is no business class.
|Class||First Class||Second Class|
|Price||¥719 ($102)||¥449 ($63)|
How to Get to Guilin West Railway Station
There are three railway stations in Guilin: Guilin Railway Station, Guilin North Railway Station, and Guilin West Railway Station.
For the Chengdu–Guilin high-speed train route, most of the trains go to/from Guilin West Railway Station. Among the stations, Guilin West Railway Station is the farthest one from Guilin center city. Please read the information and the transportation details below:
- Chinese: 桂林西站
- Name on the train tickets: 桂林西, Guilinxi
- Address: Dingjiang Zhen, Lingchuang County，Guilin City, 桂林市灵川县定江镇
- Location: about 10 kilometers (6 miles) north of the city center and Guilin Railway Station
Two public buses run from Guilin West Railway Station:
- Bus 303 runs from Guilin West Railway Station to Guilin North Railway Station where you can transfer to other areas in Guilin city. The bus operates between 10:00 and 21:30.
- Bus 22 runs from Guilin West Railway Station to Guilin city center. It operates between 09:00 and 17:30.