Fun & Adventure in China’s Coldest Village
Inner Mongolia Mini Group| 6-Day Winter Tour with Reindeer Experience (6-12 People)
Why This Tour
- Step into a Christmas fairytale land with a reindeer tribe.
- Discover the lesser-known winter beauty of Inner Mongolia.
- Indulge in incredible winter fun and new experiences.
Date and Price
|Tour Date||Price||Single Room Supplement|
|Jan. 22nd, 2022 - Jan. 27th, 2022||CNY5499 per person||CNY700 per person|
|Jan. 31st, 2022 - Feb. 5th, 2022||CNY5499 per person||CNY700 per person|
Get Close to Reindeers Like Santa’s and Feed Them with Moss
Walk with the reindeers in the deep forest of the Greater Khingan Mountains. Listen to the stories of the last reindeer herders’ tribe in China.
Have Winter Fun on the Grasslands
Experience horse riding, snowmobile riding, and, and snow sliding in a dinghy, enjoy the tranquility of vast ice fields and snowscapes.
Make Fresh Wilderness Tracks and Have a BBQ in the Snowy Forest
Walk into the fairytale world of the Greater Khingan Mountains, and capture the stunning primitive forest views of trees laden with rime. With the help of your guide, collect the firewood, and build a fire with your own hands that will light in the coldest of conditions.
Step into the Real Lives of Local People in China’s Coldest Village
Eat the locals’ homemade food, try an outdoor hotpot on an ice table, sleep on a traditionally heated brick bed. Appreciate the wisdom and spirit of Lengji Village’s remaining six families in their daily fight against the extreme cold, which has reached -58°C (-72°F).
Have Fun with Ice and Snow to Your Heart’s Content
Go skiing and play snow activities the traditional way as local people do.
Feel the International Charm of Northeast China
Visit a local Russian family, dress up in their clothes, learn about their life and customs, taste Russian snacks, and listen to traditional Russian musical instruments being played live.
About China Highlights
Since 1998 we've guided everyone ranging from US presidents, Australian Geographic and retired backpackers. Our goal is to create unique trips that take you off-the-beaten path, helping you discover China in a more authentic way. Our motto: "Discovery Your Way!"
Amazing Beijing experience with China Highlights and our guide Ivy!
China highlights (Alisa) made an itinerary for us that was perfect; from the type of hotels we prefer to all the sights you need to see, along with some special extra experiences that were perfect for our travel wishes. They also helped with am COVID changes before and throughout the entire trip, making it go very smoothly. The guide they arranged for our experiences is Ivy. Ivy made sure we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves from the moment we arrived. She took care of every detail for our comfort, any needed covid tests, and educated us about each location we visited. more
Day by Day Itinerary
Hotel: Hulun Buir Holiday Inn Hotel Zhongcheng
Arrive in Hailar. The transfer from the airport to the hotel is your own arrangement.
Take part in fun snow activities on the grasslands, including snowmobile riding, a snow slide, and snow sliding in a dinghy.
Enjoy beautiful snowscapes at E’erguna Wetland, visit the Wetland Museum, and taste Tieshan ice cream. Stay overnight in E’erguna City.
Car ride: 138 km 2hrs
Hotel:Genhe Forest and Snow Hotel
Experience horse riding on a vast grassland. Walk into E’erguna’s primitive birch forest to immerse yourself in its scenic winter wonderland.
Visit a local Russian family, learn about their life and customs, taste Russian snacks, and listen to them lay their traditional musical instruments. Stay overnight in Genhe City.
Car ride: 127 km 2hrs
Hotel: Homestay in Lengji Village
You will have a chance to meet China’s reindeer and walk with them in the deep forest of the Greater Khingan Mountains.
Then, listen to the stories of the Ewenki — China’s last reindeer tribe. Apart from being Santa’s helpers, in Mongolian folklore, reindeers are mystical creatures believed to carry the spirit of past loved ones. With a basket of fresh moss, you can get up close to the gentle reindeers to pet and feed them.
After the reindeer experience, you will head to the coldest village in China. Take the challenge of eating a hotpot outdoors on an ice table. Bake sweet potatoes and make dumplings on a traditional heated brick bed. Enjoy local ice and snow activities.
Stay overnight in a local villagers’ house in Lengji Village.
Car ride: 56 km 1½ hrs
Hotel: Hulun Buir Holiday Inn Hotel Zhongcheng
Lead by a local and your English-speaking guide, make fresh tracks into the forested hinterland of the Greater Khingan Mountains to appreciate the scenery of primitive trees hung with rime. Then, have a unique BBQ in the snowy forest.
Stay overnight in Hailar City again.
Car ride: 300km 5 hrs
Say goodbye to the incredible Hailar. Airport transfer is your own arrangement.
- Single supplement fee will not be charged on your account unless you ask for a single room or if there is no one else of the same gender to share with.
- The minimum number of people for this trip is 4 and the maximum is 12. We can open another date for you if you have a group of 4 or more people and prefer a different departure date.
- Vehicle Type: :7 seats vehicle or same level for 4 people,14 seats vehicle or same level for 5 - 7 people,17 seats vehicle or same level for 8 - 12 people.
- Luggagestrong>: One traveler is allowed to take a 24# suitcase and a small bag. We will not responsible for any extra charges due to excess baggage.
*Let us know if you prefer different dates, we might be able to open a new date for you if you are a group of more than 4 people)
*We can also customize private tours according to your interests and schedule.
- Air-conditioned vehicle with big windows and ample space
- English speaking local guide
- Activities, attractions tickets, and meals as listed in the itinerary
- Hotels listed in the itinerary or similar options
- 24/7 helpline while you are traveling
Tour code: nm-5-gp
- Transportation to and from Hailar
- Tips for the guide and the driver
- Personal expenses
Best cancellation policy in the business!
- Cancellation due to the travel restriction of Covid-19: 100% refund
- Cancellation received up to 21 days before departure: 100% refund
- Cancellation received 14 to 20 days before departure: 90% refund
- Cancellation received 3 to 13 days before departure: 50% refund
- Cancellation received 0 to 2 days before departure: 0% refund